Thursday 21 October 2010

On the verge of becoming a 'stay at home mother'

This is a big transition for me as I have worked for all my life so far. There was a time when I used to dread being at home full time. There wasn’t much to do around the house as it was just the two of us – me and my husband. My work was my outlet of meeting people, making friends, exchanging ideas and keeping in touch with the ever changing world around me.


Now I find myself looking forward to becoming a full time homemaker and mother. I would get a lot more time to spend with my daughter. She is almost two and a half and is a delightful child. I would be there with her watching her grow, watching her enjoy every moment, watching her go to school…

Would I be bored? I don’t think so. I also would get much more time to read, to embroider, to cook… so many possibilities, so many options.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally understand how you're feeling, Shilpa.. I have been there too... But from my experience, if you keep yourself busy, you'll really enjoy it... Infact this will give you more time to do things that you love!!! All the best... :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shruti!! All i can think of now is 'a lot of time to spend with Ira, my embroidery and quilting' in that order :)

    ReplyDelete