Monday 3 December 2012

Excuses for not doing anything productive

I have never known days to fly by so fast. First there was that little toothache so i ignored it. Then the tooth decided to increase the pain and i hurried to the dentist. She very kindly informed me that i had not one but 3 bad teeth and i needed extractions and implants. So many a painkillers and antibiotics later i was finally free from the pain and the teeth. All through the past month i felt like i was living in another world where only me and my teeth exist. Thankfully i still have some time to go before i see the dentist again for implants though i am now an advertisement for 'what happens when you ignore toothache and think yourself smarter than the dentist'. I am sure she will have my case history put up as a warning for people visiting her. The kiddo initially was very sympathetic to my pain and so spared me from my task of telling her bedtime stories. As the days wore on she became quite convinced that i was putting forward the excuse of pain to avoid telling a bedtime story...which was true at certain times coz i am normally asleep before she is.

I still managed to make the Diwali a bit fun for the kid though. Now that she is 4, she will remember what we did this time. So my husband made a pretty lantern and i went traditional all the way with rangolis.


No comments:

Post a Comment